Remember when I asked you guys what piece of jewelry you would make with old parts of an old analog meter? Challenge: Jewellery Using Parts From An Old Analogue Meter – Well, it’s finally the time to reveal what we have created! You can check what Kat and Aftab have created at the Smart Energy GB website.
I worked with Laura from Tomfoolery in this remarkable mission and this is what we came up with.
My Very Own Piece Of Jewelry ft Smart Energy GB
Yes, you got me… I designed a collar! I wanted to create something that reflected my personality and that I would wear all the time. You guys know me, I wear them everywhere I go hence why I made my very own. This trendy collar is made from sterling silver, name plates and black diamonds.
I absolutely love how it turned out, it’s unique, comfortable and actually wearable. I tried it with two different outfits, one being casual and the other quite dressy (the dress I’m wearing in the pictures) and it looked great with both of them. I was so lucky to have Kat and Aftab in this project, they both created gorgeous pieces. This was such a fun experience but, behind this project is a serious message about the rollout of smart meters. Smart meters are replacing the old analogue meters most of us have in our homes. Every household in Great Britain will be offered a smart meter by their energy supplier by 2020, at no extra cost.
Smart meters are available to all homes. If you are a renter you can still get a smart meter. If your name is on the bill you can just contact your energy supplier. If your landlord pays the bill they will need to speak to the energy supplier.
What are the benefits of smart meters?
-Having smart meters installed means an end to estimated bills and no more phoning in manual meter readings
-Smart meters come with a handy in-home display
-The smart meter in home display shows how much energy you are using and the cost in pounds and pence
-If you are a prepayment customer you will be able to top up your credit online, over the phone or as you do now by visiting your local shop
So while I have been given the chance to create some stunning pieces of jewellery from the inner workings of an old analogue meter, by 2020 we can all be part of the smart meter revolution sweeping the country.
As you guys know, I love being able to give something back to the best readers in the world…Yes, you! So, here’s a chance for you to get your very own trendy collar made from sterling silver and black diamonds. All you have to do it enter via Rafflecopter.
1. The promoter is: Smart Metering Communications Body Limited (trading as Smart Energy GB), company no. 8455995 whose registered office is at 1 Alfred Mews, London W1T 7AA.
2. Employees of Smart Energy GB or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. The competition is open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales only.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. Closing date for entry will be midnight on 18 December 2016. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
10. Winners will be chosen at random using Rafflecopter software.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 2 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
13. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the promoters registered address.
19. If aged under 16 please ensure that you have parental permission for your data name and e-mail address to be supplied to the promoter.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
There will be 5 lucky winners who will be able to get their hands in this exclusive design. All you have to do is enter via the Rafflecopter form below, answering the mandatory question (hint: answer is in this post) and retweeting the giveaway for more chances of winning.